Curing your Knee Pain: A Revolutionary Approach
Curing your Knee Pain: A Revolutionary Approach
Knee Pain can be devastating to your life. It affects every aspect of it including, by not limited to work, home, recreation, and social life. Knee pain can also decrease mobility, changes your focus, and can become all consuming.
What is this revolutionary approach?
We want to give you your best results and your best health through utilizing our doctors working together through medical care, chiropractic, rehabilitation, acupuncture, and nutrition. The doctors working on your health issues solve your health problems together and talk together as a team.
Why is the knee such a problem?
It is no mystery that the knee takes a pounding. For example: jumping off a 10 inch step with straight legs results in 971 lbs of pressure on your knees. Using this example, if you imagine running a mile, or 2 or 10 or 20, your knee has to take every ounce of stress. Your knee takes the pressure of standing and walking 8 hours a day at work and the rest of your waking hours. While the knee may not be the most complex joint in the body, it most certainly takes a huge amount of stress.
So how can I cure my knee pain?
- Lose Weight- A new study shows that for each pound of body weight lost, there is a 4-pound reduction in knee joint stress among overweight people with osteoarthritis of the knee. Researchers say the results indicate that even modest weight loss may significantly lighten the load on your joints.
- Improve your diet- The Standard American Diet is very “pro-inflammatory.” Inflammation in the body can cause hardening of the arteries, digestive problems, colitis, osteoarthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Movement- Movement can help knee pain such as stretching, swimming, bicycling, walking, or anything that is low stress on the knees. Just make sure it doesn’t flare up your knee pain.
- Benefits of Exercise- Exercise can help increase blood flow to the muscles. It also helps to increase synovial fluid (joint fluid) and heart rate, as well as improved stamina. Exercise in general improves health in every way.
These four things in addition to our multidisciplinary approach can provide incredible results
Our multidisciplinary approach includes:
- Medical Care: Imaging to determine the extent of your problem. If conservative therapy does not get the desired results: Hyalgan injection into the joint can help restore cartilage health and joint integrity. All are performed in conjunction with other types of care, such as rehabilitation.
- Chiropractic Care: Proper knee alignment can make a huge difference in your knee pain. Patients often feel a difference as soon as they get off the table. Nerve supply to the knee comes from the lower back that is also evaluated for related problems.
- Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation is an important key to long term results with your knees. If your knees are not strong, flexible, and balanced then your knee will eventually develop pain, dysfunction, and degenerative arthritis.
- Nutritional Support: This is a vital step in improving knee health & whole body health.
- Omega 3’s
- Improve joint lubrication
- Decreases inflammation
- Glucosamine & Chondroitin
- Helps repair cartilage
- Green Lipped Muscle
- Highest mucoploy-saccharides on the planet
- Soluble Trachea
- Supports cartilage growth
- You can use the following to help improve knee health
- Acupuncture: Not usually curative by itself, but acupuncture can be an excellent adjunct to other therapies. However, when acupuncture is used in conjunction with other therapies, excellent results are insured.
- Low Level Laser Therapy: Laser therapy is another therapy that is used in the office. LLLT helps to balance muscle strength and tone around the knee. This therapy heals by improving ATP production in the cells of the body. ATP is the energy, the body uses for healing.
- Prolotherapy: Stems cells & PRP are like the seeds in a garden. They do not work if you plant them in weak soil. Stem cell or PRP does not work unless you have proper nutrition and proper biomechanical joint alignment. If stem cells are injected into tissue that is devoid of proper nutrition to allow them “take” then the whole procedure is simply a waste of time and money. Also, if your knee is out of alignment and this caused osteoarthritis to form or accelerate, simply injecting PRP or Stem cells in the joint will not accomplish anything. You have to eliminate the underlying biomechanical stress in order to allow the joint to heal. With precise injection of a mild irritant solution directly on the site of the torn or stretched ligament or tendon, Prolotherapy creates a mild, controlled injury that stimulates the body’s natural healing mechanisms to lay down new tissue on the weakened area. Prolotherapy, also known as Non-surgical ligament and tendon reconstruction and regenerative joint injections, is a recognized orthopedic procedure that stimulates the body’s healing processes to strengthen and repair injured and painful joints and connective tissue.
Ready to be pain free? Call us today for a FREE consultation and for us to discuss how we can help you with your knee pain. Call today at (479) 443-0800.