One of things that I recommend to my patients on a regular basis is what we call a liver cleanse. The liver is one of the major detoxification organs in the body. As you can imagine with all of this sort of work going on the liver, it can become overloaded. This is why we recommend in some cases a liver cleanse.
This cleanse is very simple and it cleans out the liver as well as the gallbladder and the cystic duct. The cystic duct is a little tube that helps bile get into the gallbladder and then into the small intestine. When these organs become clogged or overloaded, this is when the liver cleanse is needed. The liver cleanse consists of only three ingredients.
- Epsom Salts – being high in magnesium, this helps to relax the tube going from the gallbladder to the small intestines
- Olive Oil – causes the gallbladder to contract
- Grapefruit Juice - helps to emulsify the fat in olive oil.
How does it work?
- Eat light the day the you perform the cleanse.
- Mix up Epsom salts and place them in refrigerator. This is because they are much easier to go down when they are cold.
- At around 6 PM you start the whole process.
- First you take several does of Epsom Salts and the cleanse is timed to give this time to work to let the duct open up
- Once this duct is opened, take a dose of olive oil with grapefruit juice. This causes the live to produce a large amount of bile and also causes the gallbladder to contract and push out all of its contents.
For all the details on the cleanse go to our web site for exact instructions.
Most people who do this cleanse will see many small gallstones come out. Gallstones are easy to recognize because they are quite small and round and they float.
One warning. You have to stay close to the bathroom when you perform this cleanse as diarrhea is a normal side effect. If the cleanse is performed in the morning, this side effect is usually done by noon or 2 om the next day. So, the cleanse does not even take 24 hours.
Often when people are done with this cleanse, they report feeling more energy, better digestion, clearer skin, as well as other improvements. We even have had two patients cancel their gallbladder surgery.
You should consider a liver cleanse if you have skin problems, digestive issues, and a high-fat diet or eat deep-fried foods on any kind of regular basis. For more information, give us a call at (479) 443-0800 or click here to schedule an appointment.
Posted In: Detox